Thursday, April 3, 2008

back home...?

So. We're back in the states. An early goodbye (4:45am), bumpy flights, a standby ticket, late luggage...we're safe and sound. I must say, it's strange to be back home. I don't especially like the feeling of "jumping right back into things". It's much to fast - I need time to process everything that has happened in the past week. Yet...it's not a choice. I must wake-up to an alarm, jump in my car, and rush rush rush to be on time. There's very little time to stop. Listen. Pray. Think. -- So, I almost force myself to sit down tonight to write. This is such a place of peace for me. Letting my fingers do the thinking for me. (Jon's asleep already. A glass of wine in hand. Silence.) So here's my processing...

We already started to talk through things on the last leg of our flight home. Our conversation ended with both of us in tears, yet smiling wide. The conversation was filled with the anticipation of living in Quito and the fears that seem to intercept that anticipation just short of it taking us over.

Our Thoughts...

"We need this challenge. We are sacrificing nothing here in Dana Point. -- Though the house is incredible and the people even more so,living at Casa Victoria will require sacrifice...the sacrifice will be in leaving what we hold so dear - family, friends, the ocean, convenience."

"It felt so natural. Being there. With the guys. In the house. It felt like we were already there to stay. That is so affirming. Anna...right in her element. Hanging with the kids. Laughing and learning to love the guys. Making new friends. Jon...hanging with the guys - who LOVE him by the way. Making new friends. Encouraging the guys in Jesus - challenging them in a whole new way."

"It's gonna be hard. But just imagine how our marriage will grow! And we'll get to talk to friends on Skype all the time. It's a year. We can handle this! How could we deny something that is sitting in our lap!?"

So...you see the processing. There is a BIG road ahead of us. We're ready to take it on. We're ready (or not!) for this adventure. The excitement that comes in following Jesus is what is carrying us.

Ecuador, here we come...

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement. We're still in need of them. We love you all.

Anna (and Jon)

1 comment:

Spirit Bearer Ministries said...

Oh my goodness, I love you two!!

The pair of you continue to be a guide and encouragement to me. Thank you so much for pioneering this discipleship to so many of us. I'm so glad this blog is here! Please keep posting... I am reading!! Thank you thank you thank you!